Join the fight against plastic pollution and help protect our oceans!
Donate $1 & help support three leading Canadians in plastic waste research.
Donate $25 and you’ll also receive an Ocean Ambassador water bottle and r-PET trucker hat!
Meet the Team
Learn more about the Ocean Ambassadors
From a deep love of playing and working on the ocean The Ocean Ambassadors was formed. With the direct goal to provide a mobile educational platform to “Create Jobs, Close Landfills and Anchor Renewable Energy Systems” following Eco Soul’s Green Island Project.
After passing through many locations while collaborating with local NGO’s and scientists we found education was not enough.
Ocean Ambassadors has worked towards full-scale implementations and project management roles, to see through the programs and technologies we advocate become a reality.
We are interested in an achievable plastics framework that endorses a vision of materials reentering the economy; collate waste recovery solutions; and spread these concepts throughout the pacific region.
Currently focusing on waste plastic remediation, we provide:
- Hands on demonstrations converting waste plastics to alternative fuels
- Commercial scale local processing capabilities
- Provide detailed educational resources
- Assist and direct community outreach
- Consult on and implement achievable recycling practice
- Closed loop up-cycling budgets and proposals
- Low cost research vessel S.V. Moana
This team is now in Fiji building a scalable model for other island nations to replicate. With the goal of minimizing plastic pollution on all fronts and offer local processing facilities for economic and environmental sustainability.
With the success of this program we aim to offer this intellectual property for other nations who choose to take the responsible steps and work together for a clean ocean!
Since its inception Ocean Ambassadors has been involved in a variety of projects which are highlighted here:
- Conducted grass routes education programs in developing island nations regarding marine conservation and Green Island Development
- Set out on a world record setting voyage, kitesurfing and SUPing from Tonga to Australia to raise funds for their Floating Model of the Green Island Project developed by Eco Soul. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1xChahBf7FM
- Joined the board of another Canadian based organization “Upgyres” which was focused on removing plastic from the ocean, as the Marine Director, Proof of Concept/feasibility Capt. http://www.upgyres.org/
- Launched a closed loop apparel line in 2013, where the clothes people bought were made from Plastic re-directed off developing island nations with no recycling infrastructure. www.leisureactivistgroup.com
- Joined Australian leaders in Plastic pollution education Take3 for a voyage from Brisbane to Sydney: https://vimeo.com/89358858
- Conducted the Clean Oceans Tour from New South Wales-Lord Howe Island-Norfolk Island-Vanuatu-Fiji Consulting on waste plastic remediation techniques and frameworks http://oceanambassadors.org/cleaning-the-ocean/lord-howe-island/
- Stayed in Fiji to work alongside the Australian High Commission and local government on the Fast Track Fiji program http://oceanambassadors.org/fast-track-fiji/ http://oceanambassadors.org/ocean-ambassadors-brings-new-model/
- TEDx Youth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvw0reB1gpI
- Developed a concept ship on a mobile processing platform to stop plastics from entering the ocean. http://oceanambassadors.org/mobile-processing-platform/
- Guided world class athletes through the Caribbean and north Atlantic Ocean learning about how to protect their playbground https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocMvKBjRyug
- Developed educational tourism programs in Fiji aboard Ocean Ambassadors Flagship S.V. Moana: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZsQqNc-qg&feature=youtu.be